7/08/2008

Wish me luck!

I'm off on a family vacay this morning. We are traveling all the way across this great nation of ours to Maryland. Only one problem. I'm scared shitless to fly. Always have been, but adding two little kids to the mix and one with a fatal peanut allergy, I'm slightly stressed.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a lot of fun. It's just the getting there and the trip home that I hate. If you would be so kind as to send some good thoughts my way today, I would be very grateful! Don't get me wrong, if there is a problem and I have to land the plane, fix a faulty engine in mid air or save all of us from a crazed hijacker, I will. But I'll be pretty goddamn pissed off if I have to. (if my mom is reading this, yes, I know I ended that sentence in a preposition. Who cares! I'm probably going to die today anyway.) My husband won't hear the end of it.

Hopefully, my lovely reader(s), you will not hear about a plane going from LAX to Dulles that meets an unkind fate. I hate to be dramatic, but, "Goodbye cruel world!".

6 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm praying for you! We just got back from Disney and it was our first time flying with the kids. I'm terrified to fly too. All went well and I'm sure your trip will too. Have a wonderful and safe vacation!! Oh, and I'm praying that it's reaction free too. Can't forget that one!

Original GRITS said...

I know exactly how you feel about flying...I feel the same way...PETRIFIED! But you'll be fine, I'm sure of it.

Have a great time and know that you are missed while you're away!

Roufa Tav Gosou & Mimi Lass said...

You are probably having a great time right now! We know you are having a great time right now! Well, you could be still asleep, so sweet dreams!

Thanks again for the award. We've passed it on!

Da Old Man said...

Just stopped by to feed the fish. Hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog and love it, btw!

I always freak out when I fly, too, and have a whole supersticious list of things with me that I believe will keep me safe. I know thats lame, but it makes me feel better. LOL It alsways helps me to remember how many people fly and land safely each and everyday. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

~Angel

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - I'm fine all the way until take-off. That's when I start trippin'.

But I will definitely be praying for you - and wishing you a wonderful trip!

And when you get back - drop by the new place when you get a chance? Would LOVE to see you over there :D